Donations will be used to pursue activities that support the ideas on the BuildTheEnterprise.org website. Below are examples of how the funds might be used to strengthen the case, and advance a conceptual design, for developing the Gen1 Enterprise.
2. Graphic design for the ship inside and out – hire graphic artists on a contract basis (see here for examples of the kind of professional graphics work desired for bringing the Enterprise to life)
3. Hull structures mechanical design – hire aerospace mechanical engineers on a contract basis. (Do basic Enterprise hull designs, but also perform detailed stress analysis on all mechanical structures during flight including during aerobraking maneuvers around planets.)
4. Gravity wheel dynamics model/simulation – hire an expert to develop a simulator including modeling of the gyro effects during ship flight
5. 2.5GW nuclear power system research paper – provide a grant to an expert to write a research paper
6. 2.5GW ion thruster research paper – provide a grant to an expert to write a research paper
7. Radiator design – provide a grant to an expert to write a research paper
8. Gravity wheel hardware 1/100 scale prototype – a long term goal, too expensive for the short term
If donations exceed $10,000 I will consider forming a non-profit.
Note – If you would like to volunteer to help with the forums, please email BTE-Dan, and he will direct you to the forum head volunteer.